Here we go (for the hundredth time honestly). I’ve decided to begin focusing on my health again. But this time is different. This time I have a true desire to change my situation. I’m tired of being uncomfortable, not just how people look at me, but actually how I feel. Sleeves being too tight, not being able to do some stretches because my belly is in the way, and more. I’m just ready.
So to help keep me accountable, I’m logging my progress here. Scary thought, but I don’t care. I made Henke House to have a group of women who support and empower each other. That’s what I wanted it for, that’s what I’ll use it for.
I was an athlete in high school. I was strong and fit, but I built no healthy eating habits. So when I stopped being active (and started birth control) I gained between 60-80 pounds.
I’m not so worried about the scale, it’s more about how I feel. I want to be able to keep up. I want to be able to hike with my husband and not get tired. I want to be active. I want to have kids eventually, and want to be able to play with them and be an example of health. So here are my measurements and goals, however my goal weight is flexible.
CW: 223 lbs GW: 150 lbs BFP: 40%
Right Arm: 16″ Left Arm: 15 1/4″
Bust: 47 3/4″
Hips: 16 3/4″
Right Thigh: 27″ Left Thigh: 16 3/4″
The struggles I’ve realized I have today:
- I don’t drink enough water, at all.
- I have trouble balancing meals throughout the day
- I don’t eat enough, I need to have smaller meals but more snacks during the day to keep my metabolism going.
- I don’t create routines with my work out habits, which is going to be difficult.
The praises for today:
- I didn’t die at BeatBox class last night (if you have one of these classes near you, highly recommend. It’s cardio and strength using boxing and kick boxing and light weights)
- I am sore, which means I’m gaining good muscle
- I slept better last night after day 1 of eating better.
- I feel better today as far as my gut.
Goals for this week:
- Drink more water!!!
- Drink more water, seriously.
- Continue to eat better, especially this weekend.
- Make some plans, write out my food plans and work out plans.
- Go to the grocery, so I’m prepped with good food.