This is a husband favorite, he even requested that I make it to take to our small group on Sunday, and it was GONE. Not only is it a favorite, but it is so easy!
Seriously, all you need is graham crackers, strawberries, and whipped cream. You can customize it. You can do whatever fruit you choose and maybe flavored graham crackers.
It took me about 15 minute to throw this together and then I gave it 4 hours in the fridge before I served it. (Please excuse the counter in the pictures, moving houses is hard and I didn’t think to clear the counter before rushing into this dessert making frenzy.)
In this particular instance this is what I used:
- 9×13 pan (no need to grease)
- 5 pounds of strawberries from Costco (I didn’t use all of them by any means)
- 16 oz of regular whipped cream
- 1 box of regular graham crackers
- Put a healthy layer of whipped cream on the bottom and bring it up the sides (this soaks into the bottom layer of graham cracker and makes it like a crumble bottom)
- Put a layer of graham cracker down, and use the small squares to put around the corners to bring it up the sides a little bit.
- Do another layer of whipped cream.
- First layer of strawberries. I have found slicing them as shows works best because it allows the crackers to lay flat on top.
- Layer of graham crackers and then you continue to whipped cream and strawberries, and on and on. I found it works better if you alternate the side that has the pieces of graham cracker instead of the whole pieces. So for example, the pieces in the picture above are on the right, the next layer they are on the left.
Then into the fridge it goes, like so.
I took this baby to small group intending to take a picture of it cut, but it was gone before I could. When I make it again I will add a picture here.
Put this baby in your arsenal, it’s a perfect summer treat and it is so easy. Seriously, a huge hit.